Driving Range Attendant
City Of South Lyon Lock Golf Academy at Tanglewood Range.
Driving Range Attendant
Golf Course Driving Range
Owner and director of Instruction
The employee will demonstrate the ability to manage time, maintain a safe and clean environment, treat all persons with respect and professional courtesy; accept change; accept and provide constructive feedback; and work as a team player. The employee must also demonstrate the competencies for their position, and adhere to policies and procedures.
Under administrative direction, perform a variety of duties related to the maintenance of the Lock Golf Academy (Tanglewood Driving Range).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs a variety of duties including, but not limited to:
- Pick Balls, fill the ball machine, wash range balls and pick up buckets.
- Clean golf carts and other assigned equipment.
- Promoting the golf academy and range programs, events and image to the customers of the facility at all times.
- Communicate to manager if equipment ball washer, cart, etc. are working correctly.
- Keep work area neat and clean at all times and assist in keeping the range, course, range parking area clean at all times , and call attention to manager of any maintenance issues needing addressing.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities and assigned.
- Help with Range shuttle and range operations during golf outings.
- Help with maintenance of grass tee hitting area by filling and seeding divots as needed.
ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
Has the knowledge, skills and ability to:
- Understand and apply basic knowledge of the game of golf.
- Use safe working practices, techniques, tools and equipment required.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Operate a motor vehicle and ensure safe driving principles and practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with staff, and general public
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including, but not limited to, golf patrons, employees, vendors and the general public.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Any combination equivalent to experience and training that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities would be qualifying.
- Previous experience in a customer service setting.
License or Certificate:
- Equivalent to, or working towards, a high school diploma.
- Possession of a Michigan Drivers license required.
Essential duties require the following physical skills and work environment:
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, crouch, stoop, squat, crawl, twist, climb, and lift 50 lbs., exposure to cold, heat, noise, outdoors.
Daniel Lock PGA Professional;
22805 Country Club Dr
South Lyon Mi 48178
Phone: 248-274-6533 or 248-444-1855